John Hennessy is responsible for the overall direction and management of Hennessy Group including management of our apartment and commercial properties, new development work and finance, and consulting. John is particularly dedicated to leveraging our organizational strengths in improving Milwaukee’s Near West Side and Westown (the west side of Downtown) communities.ohn Hennessy
Further, John currently serves both neighborhoods in community economic development leadership roles as a member of the Avenues West BID Board and as a Westown Association Board/BID Member and CEO Committee Chair.
- Spearheaded start-up of urban real estate development firm, i.e. Hennessy Group.
- Completed three National Register Historic renovations in transitional urban Neighborhoods, the Kilbourn Knoll Historic Apartments, the Saint James Court Historic Apartments, and the Lincoln School Historic Apartments.
- Developed two architecturally significant/economically catalytic, newly constructed, condo style buildings in Milwaukee’s Marquette Neighborhood, The Nicole & Tim’s Place.
- Used various layered financing sources to accomplish neighborhood development projects including historic tax credits, affordable housing tax credits, owner equity, corporate equity, various sources and structures of debt financing, City grants, other grants, etc.
- Developed management approaches which were used successfully in transitional urban areas.
Meet the Staff